Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 3: Determination (Boys)



1st the worst, 2nd the best, 3rd the golden eagle bird. One of my pre-school nursery rhymes.Well, today was golden in the chilly waters. We went far out to learn about breaking points, impact zones, and even having the beautiful sight of a dolphin pod! It was an awesome experience interacting with the instructors and not freezing in the wet suit at the same time. We caught a load of waves and saw some jellyfish, crazy to say but one even landed on my board. But hey, today was awesome with plenty of surfers surfing and staying totally stoked. Even though today's surf group was pretty big, but we still learned fast and well!

And that is what I call determination, the determination to learn and most of all, have fun.

After hours of surfing, which seemed like minutes, we drove all the way to the US-Mexico border for our community service. Our task today was to pull weeds out of the garden, for the protection of native plants that still grow in San Diego. We learned so many types of weeds and their names! I even said, "Hey, that grows in my back yard!" The sun was not too hot, though when I came home my mom said my face was red as a tomato! I know I put a lot of sunscreen on my face, maybe 50 isn’t enough!!! All in all it was a great day of surfing and weeding weeds and us boys are having a blast!

-William Q, Class of 2013

Surfer that stays stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment