Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 1: Attitude (Boys week 2)


Today was the first day of Surf n' Serve! Even though we had a slow start everything sped up once we hit the water. The word of the day today was attitude. This word fit perfectly for our first day because we were all a bit tired in the morning but through everybody’s great attitude it turned into a good day. Surfing was very fun because all of the guys and the instructors got along very well.

Though we had a small setback when a stingray stung me, we were still able to go to the soup kitchen and even ate lunch in the guard tower before our service. Even though I was in pain I still kept a great attitude because I had a good group of friends with me through the whole thing. We were even making jokes as I sat there soaking my food in boiling hot water.

After a tiring surf session we went to the soup kitchen to help set things up and give food out. It was a lot of fun interacting with the people there. It was also a lot of fun setting everything up, even though we were a bit late because of the stingray incident. This experience brought a different perspective to our eyes as we saw these people that did not have much but had such a great attitude for everything that they did have, even if it was something very little.

Erik H, Class of 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment