Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 5: Future


We closed off the week with a long surf and then some hiking at Cabrillo National Monument. I still can’t believe thisweek is already over! I am exhausted, ready for a weekend of sleep, and have successfully sprained my toe..but I still couldn’t be happier. The students have learned to surf, enjoyed serving the San Diego community, and become a close-knit support groupfor each other. All in all, I would say week 1: Surf N’ Serve was a success. Here is a quote from astudent about her experience: (more quotes will be coming later this week) Hope you have enjoyed the b
log and thank you to everyone for their support! I couldn’t have made this possible without all your love, generosity, and kind thoughts.

Now onto week 2…..wish me luck!- Juliana

Kelly M: “Surf N' Serve meant a lot for me. I was able to try something new with surfing and help out my community. I had never been so tired at the end of a day but it was all worth it. I will remember this experience for the rest of my life and will continue surfing because I had never enjoyed or been so determined to ride a wave before. I am really sad it is over but glad I got the opportunity to do this.”

Madeleine K: Surf N' Serve is one of the greatest programs I have participated in. I have found a sport that I am truly passionate about, I don't think I can go another day without surfing. I also came to a realization that volunteer work can be a lot of fun we had the opportunity to help out the community, learn about our projects, and about one another too.

No comments:

Post a Comment